Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Year Ago ...

A year ago we were on vacation. Back in our home town - Hull, East Yorkshire. Looking back, all I can remember is laughter, rain (flooding to be more exact) and the faces of my family.

We met new babies and toddlers who are now part of our family ... strangers to us. Our memories of them are frozen in time ... until the next time we see them. This is the one true regret I have - not being around to enjoy new life - a sure sign of a healthy family. I should have gotten used to it by now - 15 years away from 'home', but some things just don't get any easier with time.

A year ago, I felt happy that I'd lost 8 lbs for my vacation ... I gained that all back by the time I departed from the UK thanks to beer, chocolate, beer, fish & chips, beer, Indian, beer, Chinese takeout, beer, etc. I now weigh 30lbs less than a year ago, but I'll talk about that another day.

A year is no time at all. It's flown by! My daughter is about to become a teenager, my son is about to take his driving test, I'm now a whole DECADE older, I've loved my husband for EXACTLY half of his life.

Changes, changes, changes ... life is an adventure - I'm so thankful for changes, big and small. Some challenge me, some just roll off me, but they all change me in some way, hopefully, for the better.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that 23 years ago I fell in love with an amazing lady.
This blogging thing.....something else to love about you!