Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nightly Reading

I have several books I read in bed at night. I have quite the collection of little books on hand. They simply quieten my heart and allow me to count my blessings and feel peaceful.

Last night I came across this little gem ...

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.

Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

(Frances Ridley Havergal)

Immediately upon reading this poem, I identified the words with a worship song. I could hear my friends beautiful voice singing those words. (She really does have the voice of an angel). AND I was still hearing her voice this morning as I got the kids ready for school!

I simply wanted to share this poem with you today and hope the words touch you as they have me.

Here's a YouTube video of the song performed by Chris Tomlin:

1 comment:

Craig said...

Yep, that Molly has THE voice of an angel.
Its been a privilege having Molly & Ryan lead the Holy Spirit into my heart on many Sundays