Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Meesh, Meg (x2) and Mullens

I was feeling flat on Saturday – both emotionally and physically. We’d just said goodbye to Michelle and Megan late on Friday evening. We enjoyed a 2-week whirlwind visit from them. It passed by so quickly – I’m sad that it was only for a fortnight.

I have always enjoyed Michelle’s company. She and Craig are only 14 months apart in age and so they are close through their shared childhood experiences and have similar character traits. She’s a warm, tender-hearted lady and has turned into much more of a sister to me over the years than my own sister (but that is another blog entry in itself).

But I just want to say that I enjoy all my sisters-in-law (all 5 of them). I think that living away from home and the missing relationship I have with my own sister, Sindee, makes me appreciate family even more.

Michelle and her 19 year old daughter, Megan first visited Vancouver for 4 days.

Megan, or Meg for short was a good sport over sharing her name with our dog! – And yes, that did cause some laughter and strange answers, especially when I was talking to my Meg, ie, “Meg, let’s go outside for a pee-pee” or “Meg, want to go for a walk”? The dog was NOT named after my niece; she was named after my Nana & Grandad’s dog – an all black border-collie mix.

They spent the remainder of their vacation with us – visiting Seattle numerous times (Pike Place, Downtown, Pioneer Square, Space Needle, Alki Beach, the Waterfront, the zoo), Whidbey Island, Hurricane Ridge, Leavenworth and shopping Alderwood Mall and the Outlet Mall).

One image of Meg I’ll never forget is of when we turned the corner from driving up to Hurricane Ridge – up onto the plateau … and “BOOM” the view came into view! It took her breath away and she had to stop and stare to drink it all in … not at all what she was expecting! I think she was impressed.

We were exhausted! Not by them, but from being tourists again. They were so easy to entertain.

They left on Friday night.

We’d also agreed to go camping with friends out near Rockport on Saturday. All I wanted to do was spend a day in my PJs on Saturday. But Craig pushed us out of the door. And I’m glad he did.

We found a little piece of paradise! The peace and quiet, the friends, the river, the sun … it was just what my spirit needed. The kids went off and hung out with their friends – it was a true break. Thanks Jim & Charlene for everything! We can’t wait to be invited back.

So, we’re home now, thoroughly refreshed - and some of us resemble dot-to-dot puzzles – thanks to the mosquitoes – some were almost the size of dragonflies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny! I laughed hard about Meg and pee-pee!