Sunday, May 3, 2009

Patience Strong

I'm a big fan of a little known English poet from the 1940's and 1950's.

I grew up reading my Mum's "Women's Realm" magazines. Each week, they'd feature a poem by Patience Strong.

I don't know much about her, but I have always enjoyed the simpleness of her poetry and her faith in God.

Tomorrow is Muriel's (my Mum's) birthday. So in honour of your birthday, Mum, here's a poem which, funnily enough is found in a daily poetry book I own ... for tomorrow, May 4th.

"Someone is Thinking of You" by Patience Strong

Someone remembers - and somebody cares.
Your name is mentioned in somebody's prayers ...
Keep the bright hope of the future in view.
Someone is thinking of you.


I love you, Mum. I'm so proud of you. I still hate being 4952.32 miles away on our special days. Take care of yourself, keep dancing, keep happy, keep healthy ... we're counting down the days!

No comments: