Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yoga ... with Meg?

I was given a yoga dvd in my Christmas stocking this year.

Since its raining outside, I figured I'd give it a try this morning.

I like the idea of yoga and releasing stress, stretching, controlling breathing ... it all looks so serene and calming.

And it would have been ... if MEG wasn't in the room!

What a joke! I made a couple of mistakes in my preparation time this morning.

To begin with, I'm not the most tech-savvy gal in the house. It took me at least 15 minutes to figure out how to get the X-box to play the dvd. I've probably screwed-up all the settings on the tv in the process too.

Also, Meg was prowling around, and in my face, and on my back, under, over, alongside - I'm sure you get the picture. She thought I was playing with her! The yoga mat smells good to her, so she wanted to curl up slap-bang in the middle of it. Me sitting, cross-legged on the floor = wrestle time! Me with my eyes closed laying flat out = kisses. Hair dangling in a stretch pose = bite my hair and ears!

She's a very affectionate (not small and severely hairy) dog! I didn't get mad at her, just frustrated at myself, which is not the right mind-set to have when one is trying to perform yoga.

We did eventually manage to reach a compromise - she could have half the yoga mat and lick my toes if I could get on with the dvd. It worked well - just in time for the final 5 minute cool-down stretch!

I feel kind of good:) Good enough to venture out in the rain and give Meg her exercise now. Next time, I'll know better and put her out of the room so that I can concentrate, relax and listen to half an hour of her protests.

No comments: